Becoming a Client
WHAT TYPES OF INCIDENTS ARE COVERED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT?
All labor required to keep your network operational is covered under this agreement. We do not put any limitations on the time spent on covered equipment. Covered services include preventative, routine maintenance/monitoring that we perform weekly as well as unscheduled maintenance and fixes for network related problems that may arise. Centric guarantees that your network runs smoothly, reliably, and securely; and we do so for a fraction of the cost of hiring your own in-house IT staff.
WHAT PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, MONITORING AND REPORTS WILL CENTRIC PERFORM AS PART OF THIS AGREEMENT?
We will provide the following scheduled services:
- Daily – Check backup logs to ensure successful backup, check event logs for critical messages, check to make sure anti-virus patterns are current, check system utilization parameters, and check disk capacity. If any problems, or potential problems, are discovered, you will be notified by Centric to discuss details and optional solutions.
- Daily – Check and review event logs for all messages, check for unauthorized attempts to access your network, review performance monitor, and check for critical operating system updates
- Weekly – Patch installation of Windows updates
- Monthly – You will receive a detailed report showing your disk capacity trends, memory and CPU usage trends, capacities for Exchange Server mail boxes and the fixes we have installed, as well as a detailed history of all service work orders performed on your behalf.
WHAT TYPES OF SERVICES ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT?
Support to maintain application software specific to your business such as QuickBooks or other custom software and custom programming are not covered under the MSA but are available at an hourly rate. We will maintain all of your operating system software such as spam, anti-virus, backup software, all Microsoft applications and any other software deemed necessary to keep you network safe, reliable, and secure.
DOES THIS SERVICE CONTRACT COVER THE INSTALLATION OF NEW OR REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT?
Installation of equipment is covered. We highly encourage you to consult with Centric beforehand or purchase through Centric to guarantee compatibility of the new equipment with your existing network.
ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT?
Yes. Over the years, we have learned that all networks must have, at a minimum, the following in order to minimize risks:
- Currently supported Microsoft operating systems. We will not support servers that have Windows NT 4.0 or older and we will not support any workstations that have Windows 98 or older operating systems or Windows ME.
- Adequate free disk space and memory on each computer.
You must also allow Centric:
- 24/7 remote access to your server via the Internet.
- To install monitoring agents that allow inventory of your network.
WHAT IF MY NETWORK IS NOT AT THE MINIMUM BASELINE REQUIREMENTS?
Prior to executing a service agreement with your organization, we will survey your network and give you a proposal to get your network to a minimum baseline that we will support and to document your network. This includes an inventory of all hardware and software. You will receive a copy of this documentation for your records upon execution of the MSA. We highly recommend you have this type of documentation on hand regardless of who you select for network support for your own protection.
WHAT IS THE MONTHLY COST FOR THE SERVICE CENTRIC SUPPORTS?
This is determined on a per user basis; please contact an Account Executive for a written quote and analysis.
WHAT IF I NEED TO ADD ADDITIONAL USERS ON MY NETWORK?
To add an additional user on your network, just call your account manager and let them know you need to add a new user. The new user will be added at the initial proposal price set forth in the MSA and the initial installation and setup costs are already covered.
WILL I HAVE TO BRING MY NETWORK DOWN FOR SUPPORT?
In most cases, the answer is no. We can log on remotely and perform our maintenance work without requiring a shutdown or reboot. However, some items such as service packs and/or software upgrades do require a dedicated system. Our staff will work with you to perform as many of these critical tasks after business hours as possible to minimize the impact on your business.